Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Meta Blog

Whenever my RSS feeder is launched, the typical dialog box I see if of panic. Panic because I wouldn’t have read 99.999% of the feeds of days ago & FeedDemon wants to keep things neat & clean. I dutifully hit the panic button to clean up the mess followed by, again, updating my entire list of RSS subscriptions.



But, whenever I sift through my subscriptions the mandatory ones I manage to read are the various blogs that I’ve subscribed to. There are a variety of them & I pay most attention to the ones which strike a chord within me. One is laced with humour, one filled up with facets of life, one with delicious aromas of kitchen, one was full of sports masala (albeit fictional, was it or was it not), one brimful of passion for various things and so on.


Here I list some of the varieties of literary & other geniuses in my Meta Blogs' blog!

Ø  iyermatter is a quaint blog name obviously belonging to an Iyer. Jai Iyer is my schoolmate & I remember him as one of the best cartoonist I saw in my formative years. His penchant for toons is abundantly reflected in his blogs. His whacky introduction of himself is as whacky as it can be. Satiate your humour senses with a visit to his blog & like me, you’ll wish that he blogged daily J.


Ø  deponti to the world has plenty of unique perspective on life & everything about it. She has her skills lined up in many things. Not only is she a swell writer, she is also a darn good photographer. Her photos reflect a unique perspective on life & are sometimes philosophical as well. Her blogs are on many different subjects and often bring a smile on my lips. Checkout her blog on butterflies which reflect her passion for photography & more passion for details.


Ø  The Cooks Collection blog came to my notice, thanks to widespread power of Facebook. During my Farmville addict days, I got introduced to Ramya as a farming neighbor and in turn to her cookery blog. A unique combination of passion for writing, shooting & penning makes her blog a gastronomic experience. Mere look at the shots of her recipes are enough to make mouths water. See what I mean, marshmellow cookies or the baingan bhartha or the chocolat-yummy-cheese cake. The mug shots of the recipes are as well defined as the recipes itself. Savour it!


Ø  IPL became a rage thanks to the mastermind marketer Modi. The 2nd edition in SA had its fair share of controversies too, with what was rumoured as a disgruntled KKR player, venting out his frustration on the management, with plenty of inside masala scoops doled out to lapping netizens all over. Whether the facts hold any weight or not, the entertainment was unlimited. The fake IPL player has a flair for scandalous reporting which the likes of Zoom, Aaj Tak, TV9 would’ve been proud of. Read of some of his initial blogs to have yourself in splits.


Ø  Churumuri has the passion, flavor & enough ingredients to ensure that you have your fill. I got hooked onto this blog when I read a passionate piece on how the author idolized GR Vishwanath. This idol worship is linked to Ganesha worship in this beautiful piece & ever since I’ve never turned back on this blog. Blog on numerous national issues are discussed in true practicality here.


Ø  Through deponti’s blog, I got linked to Mahesh Devarajan’s blog. Mahesh seems to be a class photographer and an avid traveler. Through his lens, view the vivid landscapes of India or the mesmerizing nature of flora & fauna. His shots are a treat to the eyes & are definitely one of the best photo blogs I’ve seen.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Jayanth S Vasisht

Create your badge